Johnny,
The following work for me using MyFaces 1.1.5:

***
* From JSP
***
          <t:column id="dateColumn"
            headerstyleClass="dataTableColumnHeader"
            styleClass="dataColumn_String"
            rendered="#{manager.summarizeByDay}">
            <f:facet name="header">
              <h:outputLabel for="date" value="Date" />
            </f:facet>
            <h:outputText id="date" value="#{row.date}">
              <f:convertDateTime pattern="dd-MMM-yyyy"
                timeZone="#{applicationDefaults.timeZone}" />
            </h:outputText>
          </t:column>

***
* From applicationDefault bean
***
    public TimeZone getTimeZone()
    {
        return timeZone;
    }

Paul Spencer

Johnny Sutherland wrote:
Hi Mike

Thank you for replying so quickly.

I have tried both the TimeZone type and String for the timeZone parameter.
The pattern has always been String.

Johnny

Mike Kienenberger wrote:
What's the data type of #{columnInfo.timeZone}?  Both getters should
be of type String.

The docs read:

Time zone in which to interpret any time information in the date
String. Value must be either a VB expression that evaluates to a
java.util.TimeVone instance, or a String that is a timezone ID as
described in the javadocs for java.util.TimeZone.getTimeZone().