Hi!
> IMHO, a conversation should behave exactly the same as the session
> does today - per default. There is nothing elementary different just
> because you can have a multitude of conversations per user.

Getting in touch to the servlet timeout means we have to extend the
FrameworkAdapter interface with something like getDefaultTimeout(), but,
based on another ml thread, I thought about using Orchestra in a
non-servlet-based environment and then why should this framework have a
default timeout at all. A Swing-based application framework wouldn't
provide any timeout value too.

Which means, depending on the framework you use Orchestra with you have
to set a timeout value or not.

Regarding the session timeout. For example, we use a rather small
session timeout and a regular AJAX poll to keep it alive. In such a
setup (which might become even more popular) the default is just wrong
and you'd set the conversation timeout to something different.

Finally, I tend to NOT set any default value as it is easy to understand
and document how to set one yourself, but it might become tricky to tell
the user when a default timeout applies and when it doesn't.

Ciao,
Mario