For brand new APIs, I'm very tempted not to add "backwards compatibility"
to the 1.2 branch.  Dunno, could go either way on this one.

-- Adam

On 9/27/07, Jeanne Waldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> Hi,

> My understanding is that Trinidad trunk cannot use ValueExpression.
Is this
> true?

> yes, the ValueExpression comes from the unified el, which is part of JSP
> 2.1

> If so, is it ok to have an API that takes ValueBinding in trunk
> and
ValueExpression in 1.2*branch?
In other words, does the 1.2* branch of
> Trinidad have to keep backward
compatibility, thus I would have a deprecated
> constructor that takes
ValueBinding and another constructor that takes
> ValueExpression.

> I think doing the two constructors, where one takes VBinding and
> is
deprecated is OK.
JSF API itself also keeps the "old" methods for
> backward compatibility
and adds new APIs that
work w/ the javax.el clazzes

> Yeah, I was wondering what our policy is for backward compatibility between
> ValueExpression and ValueBinding.
> I see we do it in some places (e.g., FacesBean) but not others (e.g.,
> DateTimeRangeValidator).
>
> -M

> Thanks,
Jeanne