From: Martin Marinschek [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 9:16 AM
To: MyFaces Development; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Merging Shale into MyFaces

For me, a merger makes sense.

The question is who will do the work, though.

Some reflections on the modules:

- ViewController/Dialog: I hope Orchestra can take in what makes sense
here (the notion of subflows which
- Clay: Yes, obviously Facelets has won the race - we should all
concentrate our efforts there, so that the JSF community can profit as
a whole (and is not splitted)
- Tiger-extensions: again, this would make sense in Orchestra, as an
alternative way of configuring Orchestras beans (and also other beans,
of course) to using Spring
- test-framework: we've long used it in MyFaces, but for recent tests
both Matthias and me have used EasyMock, it is somewhat easier to
define changing interface behaviour with EasyMock than with static
mock-classes. Still, this is valuable, and should be a separate module
in the merger.
- validators - no, probably not really
- s:token: I'd love to have a generic way of preventing duplicated
posts. But I guess this is something that Orchestra could eventually
handle?

apart from that, I don't know much more about Shale - sorry.

regards,

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at