Hi Mike,

in general i'm +1 for aliasBean into the commons project, it just did
not fit into
tobago.

But there is a problem: afaik aliasBean did not work with RI.
The myfaces lifecycleImpl has a special handling of BindingAware
interface components, which are afaik only aliasBean and
aliasBeanScope. I don't think this special handling is included into
RI.

Regards,
    Volker