Alias-Bean works with RI as well, but not if you use component bindings.

The problem why it doesn't work is an ommission in the spec - bindings
are restored out of the JSF-request-lifecycle, outside of a tree
iteration. I have (a long time ago) filed a bug against the spec with
regards to this - it hasn't been fixed yet, I hope the fix will be in
2.0.

regards,

Martin

--