Hi!

>     > which is itself an "umbrella" project for two artifacts** called
>     > "MyFaces JSF Commons Utils" and "MyFaces JSF Commons Components"
>
> I suggest that I prepare an initial setup, and check it in, so that
> there is some concrete stuff we can talk about.
> Ok?
I still don't get why we should increase the number of modules here.
Two artifacts means two jars, no?

And then, what is a Component? I think we agreed that we just want to
add render-less components, no? Else it has to go into tomahawk. The
Commons should not be just a "component-library without (the dreaded)
shared".

Is a UrlNavigationHandler a Component then or a util? It has no
component yet, but what if it has one in the future?
I know, we then can simply just add this component to the Components,
but why should we split the stuff?

In this case I'd have a org.apache.myfaces.commons.urlNavigationHandler
package where everything lives in.

org.apache.myfaces.commons.urlNavigationHandler (the api)
org.apache.myfaces.commons.urlNavigationHandler.impl
org.apache.myfaces.commons.urlNavigationHandler.component
etc

Ciao,
Mario