Hi!
> I don't think a separation between api and impl jars is useful.

I second that. For the same reasons. It makes things unnecessary
complicated ....
To ensure api stability community review should be enough - and then
there is a maven plugin for that, no?

BTW: I thought we agreed on a structure like
myfaces-jsfcommons-converters
myfaces-jsfcommons-validators

Also overly complex, but something I can learn to understand ....

Lets reiterate: I prefer to start with a simple jsfcommons project where
we have no faces-config.xml (at least not in a place where JSF loads it
automatically).
Providing a jsfcommons-faces-config.xml which the user has to add to the
configuration will avoid any side-effect when dropping in our jsfcommons
jar. It also allows to selectively active things as the users can change
their own configuration as required.

Regarding the sandbox: I'd like to suggest to use the tomahawk sandbox
for myfaces land at all. Lets promote the tomahawk-sandbox one level
higher - thats it.

Ciao,
Mario