One major drawback to the javadoc annotation approach has been left
out and that is attribute reuse. The maven-faces-plugin allows you to
import XML fragments using XPath. So in Trinidad, onclick,
onmouseover, onmouseout, etc. you can import one XML file and not have
to re-define all these. But with the javadoc approach, you have to
either one, try to hack the code to extend other classes, two have
some weird interface usage to import these. Either way, the object
hierarchy has to be hacked to get it to work.

Also, the java-annotation-javadoc approach is odd that code must be
filled in. The Java files would have some sort of attribute
definitions, but no body (I don't want to have to waste time writing
setters & getters when I should only have to write a definition for an
attribute).

Personally, I much prefer the Trinidad approach, and I have found it
easy to use, except for the *Template files (there has to be a better
way than that as they are not IDE friendly).

-Andrew