Could we move this discussion away from a debate?

Could MyFaces Committers or PMC members _only_ please share their
thoughts on this to keep the discussion to the stake holders only?

Please share other solutions as you have them.

Here some view points to discuss:

1) remove the restriction of trinidad-impl being non-API and enforce
that code in this package be backward-compatible
2) somehow move some of the burden of parts of renderers out of
trinidad-impl and into trinidad-api
3) introduce some configurable way to override default behavior for
rendering certain areas of components.
4) removing some final modifiers after discussion and make extending
Trinidad renderers accepted, aka not tabu
5) promoting private members to protected or public after discussion
and make extending Trinidad renderers accepted, aka not tabu

Christi, could you please share more of your needs and give further
legitimate reasons why this is needed?

If you are not a member of MyFaces, Committer or PMC member please
refrain from further reply to this thread as your feedback has already
been noted.

Thank you,
Andrew