+1 for tableless.

Glauco P. Gomes

Andrew Robinson escreveu:
What about a utility method that could be used for many renderers.

It could leverage IE>=7, FF, opera and safari's ability to stretch via CSS.

function:

  encodeRounded(baseSelector : string, radius : int) : void
    if skin supports rounded corners (increase perf):
      if supports CSS stretching then:
        write IMG with "position:absolute;top:0px;left:0px"
        write IMG with
"position:absolute;top:0px;left:{radius}px;right:{radius}px;"
        etc.

So use left + right for the top & bottom images and top + bottom for
the sides. The radius could be taken from a skin property:
  af|panelTabbed::body {
    -tr-rounded-radius: 5px;
  }

Then to set the image:
  af|panelTabbed::body::top-left-icon {
    content: url(myimage.png);
  }

or instead of IMG, just use DIV with background-image.

How does that sound? Therefore we don't have to use tables and we just
exclude IE <= 6 which cannot handle element stretching when specifying
both top & bottom or left & right.

-Andrew