On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Paul Spencer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Leonardo Uribe wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I'll start to upgrade component from sandbox to tomahawk.
>>
>> The first item on my list of todos is move this converters and validators
>> (first check and solve possible issues on JIRA)
>>
>> s:convertBoolean
>> s:convertDateTime
>> s:convertNumber
>> s:validateCompareTo
>> s:validateCSV
>> s:validateISBN
>> s:validateUrl
>>
>> Please note that long time ago this upgrade was approved, but this was not
>> applied due to code generation discussion.
>>
>> <file:///C:/GSOC/workspace/tomahawk-compgen/oldsandbox-site/tlddoc/s/validateUrl.html>
>>
>> Actually on tomahawk exists this validators:
>>
>> t:validateCreditCard
>> t:validateEmail
>> t:validateEqual
>> t:validateRegExpr
>>
>> The idea is that all this converters and validators be on myfaces-commons.
>> But originally tomahawk is 1.1 compatible, and there was comments about
>> commons should have 1.1  and 1.2 converters and validators. If this is
>> true,
>> tomahawk should refer myfaces commons converters and validators on its
>> tld,
>> and have dependecies to commons (if false this is valid only for 1.2).
>>

> +1 for true. The thought of maintaining 2 sets of converts/valdiators is
> unnerving.
>
>  The new unpack plugin allow us to manage this issues more easily,
>> enforcing
>> just the necessary files to maintain.
>>
>> In order to be consistent with this intentions my first approach would be:
>>
>> 1. Use this layout for myfaces-commons:
>>
>> myfaces-commons-converters
>> myfaces-commons-converters12
>> myfaces-commons-validators
>> myfaces-commons-validators12
>> myfaces-commons-utils
>>
>> 2. Use myfaces-builder-plugin for this stuff.
>>
>> 3. Refer converters and validator from commons to tomahawk tld (the
>> intention is avoid changes on existing applications).
>>
>>  I suggest deprecating the existing converters/validators.

Good idea but needs some concensus about this. Deprecate means do not
exclude it but refer the users to myfaces commons.

>  Suggestions are welcome
>>

> o What is the impact on the other components, i.e. Trinidad/Tobago/...?

no impact, myfaces commons does not have any release yet and does not have
dependencies with anything (the idea of this discussion is organize this
stuff and make a release of this!).

> o Is this to be included in Tomahawk 1.1.7?

yes

> o How long do you expect this to take, i.e. days/weeks/months/... ?
>   (I am only asking to set expectation on release schedules)

days, at max weeks

> o Where is the "new unpack plugin" documented?

http://myfaces.apache.org/build-tools/plugins/myfaces-builder-plugin/unpack-mojo.html

There is more doc on the source code (the site has not been updated, but
this doc is fine). This is a work in progress.