[EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb:

An alternative is to split things up so that the parent pom (the pom that other modules inherit from) is not the "module pom" (the one used to drive "bulk builds" of nested directories). A subdirectory can be created, the existing pom moved down into it, and a new trivial pom created in the base directory that just has <module> tags in it. I don't see any need to change the artifactId for the parent pom, so AFAIK simply moving it within svn should not break anything.

For example, the main myfaces pom is in its own subdir, and has no <module> tags.

The Orchestra code is also set up like this, with the parent pom in the "myfaces/orchestra/maven" dir, and the "myfaces/orchestra/pom.xml" file (which is never released) just contains module tags.

Setting things up like this makes sense when the various subdirs have different release cycles, as is the case for Myfaces in general (core, core12, tomahawk, trinidad, etc have different release cycles) and Orchestra (core, core15, flow have different release cycles). Of course thinks like (core/api, core/impl) do not have independent release cycles, so having the "module" pom also be the parent pom makes sense there.

I think that the build-tools modules do (or should) have independent release cycles, so pushing the parent pom into a subdir makes sense there.

And if it is pushed down into its own dir, then you could also use the maven-release-plugin to release it :-)

Comments, anyone?
Are there any objections if I move the parent pom for the maven2-plugins into its own subdir? If not, I'll try to find time to do that tonight...