Just a quick comment, if skinning is to be made more general, I would
love to see some more attention on the skinning properties. I find
them quite confusing and inflexible. Confusing because they look like
CSS selectors, but are not and inflexible as they have none of the CSS
functionality (like cascading).

For example:
af:panelGroupLayout af|breadCrumbs {
-tr-show-last-item:false}