Well, my intention with the interface I proposed is to have the
implementation set up xbean-finder (or whatever the case may be) when
the impl class is created via the factory.  That would in fact take
care of all the problems my group and I would reasonably encounter.
I.e., the default MyFaces impl for AnnotationScanner would configure
xbean-finder as it is now (which is entirely appropriate for a
lightweight environment like Tomcat) or perhaps use your bytecode
scanner.  Our impl, on the other hand, would do some other magic for
our environment.  With a pluggable AnnotationScannerFactory that
passes in the FacesContext when creating AnnotationScanner instances,
I think every base is adequately covered.

Thanks,

Curtiss Howard