Hi,

So here is my proposal and I am working on it already.

Scan for script startElement tags and postpone the rendering of those until the endUpdate or endInsert is issued!

Scan for script src and add some dynamic loading code to it (already finished in the javascripts)
and postpone it as well!
-1 for script scanning on the server side. You will get into serious troubles with this.

1. You don't know whether the HTML part contains <!-- (or some other kind of comment) before the tag that includes the startElement or the script src. 2. This does cost performance in the server and all the corner cases can be handled on the Javascript side (and already are, as you mentioned in the beginning) 3. By default browsers should do an auto eval when xhr replaces scripts. IE doesn't, but this can be handled on the Javascript side. We shouldn't fix IE bugs in the ResponseWriterImpl. Doing it on the Javascript side only costs performance for browsers that don't support auto eval, the "good guys" will have a performance benefit.
4. RI doesn't do this kind of stuff. It may even break TCK compatibility.

eval within an active update or insert also causes the same delay behavior!

if non update or insert is issued before then simply render script src as eval!
I don't understand the meaning of these two sentences.

Though I'm not a qualified voter I'm probably the one besides Werner who is closest to the MyFaces AJAX code, so I thought I might have a vote on this.

Best regards,
Ganesh