I think I have a question...

Is this to *force* all the subprojects to use jul ???
If so, I'll change my vote to -1

Also, I know that Tobago has a JIRA issue to use slf4j. What's
wrong with them using that ?

I am not sure on this vote, but if the goal is to *push* one decision
to all the subprojects, I am against it... This place is about OpenSource
and it is not like in a corporate world, where one guy (-> manager) has the
right to push one (stupid) thing and everybody has to follow...

(That's my personal take on it)
-Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf