+1 for jul. However, I think we should add an utility class
(ServletContextListnener? This is the easiest way I know of, if it qualifies
for easiest at all) in myfaces-shared or extension to make it easier to
configure the logger because it's way more annoying to configure than
commons-logging backed with log4j imho.

Regards,

~ Simon