Hi,

I'm working on state saving issues in Trinidad 2 (for JSF 2). I'm just wondering if we really want to support application view cache going forward.

The application view cache has some limitations that make me wonder how commonly it's used, see the doc under "The Application View Cache"
http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/trinidad-1_2/devguide/configuration.html

Maybe more importantly, I'm not sure, but I think the reason it exists is to avoid rerunning the tags? Is rerunning tags as much of an issue with facelets? If not, maybe we should just say to move to facelets in 2.0.

Thanks,

Gabrielle