Hi,
I am trying to detect the problems that I can face. I experienced several
problems with MyFaces 1.2.8, and just overrode my solutions without
considering the architecture in order to move along. Then I will make my
proposal solving this problems within the architecture.

However, I couldn't pass this problem:
javax.faces.FacesException: jsp.error.beanntext.servlet.
s.property.conversion
    at
org.apache.myfaces.coServletExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ServletExternalContextImpl.java:347)
    at
org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.buildView(JspViewHandlerImpl.java:486)
Caused by: org.apache.jasper.JasperException:
jsp.error.beans.property.conversion
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.*
JspRuntimeLibrary.getValueFromPropertyEditorManager*
(JspRuntimeLibrary.java:885)
    at
org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspx_meth_h_outputText_0(index_jsp.java:121)
    at org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspx_meth_f_view_0(index_jsp.java:95)

And on the generated index_jsp.java:121, we have
_jspx_th_h_outputText_0.setValue((javax.el.ValueExpression)org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary.getValueFromPropertyEditorManager(javax.el.ValueExpression.class,
"value", "testVal"));

On my index.jsp page, I have
<h:outputText id="testId" value="testVal"></h:outputText>

Here is the source link for Jasper 5.0.28
org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspRuntimeLibrary
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/archive/tc5.0.x/tags/TOMCAT_5_0_28/jasper/jasper2/src/share/org/apache/jasper/runtime/JspRuntimeLibrary.java

When I go deeper, I see *JspRuntimeLibrary.getValueFromPropertyEditorManager
*calls *java.beans.PropertyEditorManager.findEditor(String)* method returns
null for argument "class  javax.el.ValueExpression".

Note that Google App Engine uses Jasper Runtime 5.0.28. I tried running
MyFaces 1.2.8 on Tomcat 5.0.28 in order to make a comparison, but I couldn't
pass javax.faces.FacesException: javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/JspIdConsumer.

Here are my questions:

   1. Can you give me some ideas why this exception is thrown?
   2. Does this mean, we have to use Facelets in order to make it work?
   3. Is it possible to run MyFaces 1.2.8 on Tomcat 5.0.28 (in order to
   compare JspRuntimeLibrary of GAE and Tomcat)?

I read many posts running Mojarra on GAE to see how Mojarra people solved
this, but they all use Facelets.
To remind you, my purpose is to run MyFaces on Google App Engine
out-of-the-box without any dependencies (including Facelets).

Thanks,
Ali