Hi,

one of the most frustration things with Trinidad (IMHO) is the
ViewExpiredException occurring if a session times out and a user invokes an
ajax action.

I found no solution to overcome this problem, since two years. There is also a
critical bug reported in JIRA at February, 2008:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-943. But there is no progress on
the bug.

Last year I found a discussion at
http://www.mail-archive.com/us...@myfaces.apache.org/msg53574.html and added
this link to the JIRA issue. I also tried to implement the proposed solution
but was not able to do that.

In one of my projects I'm using JBoss Seam. Seam can handle the
ViewExpiredException, but Trinidad not.

I was wondering why there is no progress on the bug. How do other developers
handle this exception? Since ajax is everywhere, and there are a lot of
projects based on Trinidad, the error must be seriously. But I never got an
error message on other AJAX-based websites. They already function, but my
application not.

Maybe I did something wrong with the configuration files or I missed some
documentation.

Please help me to fix this notorious and annoying bug.

BTW: Does this problem will occur with JSF 2.0 or is it covered by the spec?

--
Kind regards,
Mathias