Hi Jakob,

> The problem with this is that the code on UIInput checks the ProjectStage
> everytime setSubmittedValue() or setValue() are called, which is very often
> and could make MyFaces a bit slower, I guess. If we remove this code on
> UIInput, the debug output will stay mostly the same except for the call
> stack, because this will be gone.
>
> The question now is if we should leave it the way it currently is (with the
> code on UIInput and the possibility to display the call stack) or if we
> should remove the code from UIInput (which means no slowdown on
> setSubmittedValue() and setValue() but loosing the call stack). What do you
> guys think? Any opinions/objections?

for me it is a question how fast this getProjectStage() derivation is.
If that means to call FacesContext.getCurrentInstance() all the time,
the impact is considerable (thread-local resolution). In this case it
might be better to not have this information...

Martin

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -