+1 as keeping information where it belongs (in the SVN) is basically a good idea. General guidelines about what should be in the header of a file might be useful.

regards
Michael

Am 09.08.2010 23:41, schrieb Mark Struberg:
+1 because it's most times broken anyway ;)

LieGrue,
strub

From: Gerhard<gerhard.petra...@gmail.com>
To: MyFaces Development<dev@myfaces.apache.org>
Sent: Mon, August 9, 2010 11:22:34 PM
Subject: Re: Proposal to stop using SVN Keywords - (was: MyFaces shipping
with
JBoss AS6?)

+1

these are the reasons why you won't find such information in the extensions
projects.

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

2010/8/9 Jan-Kees van Andel<jankeesvanan...@gmail.com>

Hi,

What do you guys think about pruning the SVN keywords in the source files?

Matthias pointed out a nice example of an issue you run into with this stuff.

1 Not everybody has (the same) svn:keywords on every file.
2 When 1, it will get out of sync.
3 Unreadable version numbers are pretty useless information (at least for me).
4 If you need to know something about the revision history, SVN itself is a much

better place to look.
5 (I think) it looks messy in the source code.

Note that I'm not talking about removing everything in a major refactoring. For

now, I'm just proposing a convention for new code.
I'm also not proposing to remove the @author JavaDoc tag. That's a useful one.

I'm talking about the  "latest modification by $Author"  and  "@version
$Revision: 799929 $ $Date:.......$"  stuff.

What do you guys think?

Regards,
Jan-Kees