Hello Ben,

I made a few checks and within my examples everything works (they don't use
Richfaces however).  Can it be that you are mixing some environments ??

The line of code
* ExtValUtils.**configureComponentWithMetaData**(facesContext,
targetComponent, ExtValUtils.**getTransformedMetaData(**facesContext,
targetComponent));*

is typical for the usage WITHOUT bean validation.

Are you using bean validation annotations (like
javax.validation.constraints.NotNull) on your properties?

If not, there exists also an add-on for the non bean validation version.

Is the target component a richfaces faces component or a standard JSF one ??

I try to check with a RichFaces component tomorrow.

regards
Rudy.