In Tomcat I also see this, using 2.0.2:

points to "StartupFacesContextImpl" and to "RuntimeConfig" as well

.10.2010 15:37:54 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearThreadLocalMap
SCHWERWIEGEND: The web application [/webprofile] created a ThreadLocal
with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value
[java.lang.threadlo...@203822fc]) and a value of type
[org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.StartupFacesContextImpl] (value
[org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.startupfacescontexti...@4580deea])
but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is
very likely to create a memory leak.
27.10.2010 15:37:54 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearThreadLocalMap
SCHWERWIEGEND: The web application [/webprofile] created a ThreadLocal
with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value
[java.lang.threadlo...@faaf84c]) and a value of type
[org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.StartupFacesContextImpl] (value
[org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.startupfacescontexti...@21934d9d])
but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is
very likely to create a memory leak.
27.10.2010 15:37:54 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader
clearThreadLocalMap
SCHWERWIEGEND: The web application [/webprofile] created a ThreadLocal
with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value
[java.lang.threadlo...@4dcc8fa3]) and a value of type
[org.apache.myfaces.config.RuntimeConfig] (value
[org.apache.myfaces.config.runtimecon...@30ea3e3c]) but failed to
remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to
create a memory leak.

.Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf