Hi,

For example, for the hx:video component there is a "fallback" facet. But I
can't say we're able cope with this problem (yet). So far, I've experimented
Html5, CSS and other Javascript APIs; created some components, behaviors and
etc.

Providing fallbacks automatically is not that easy and for some features, it
is impossible. Of course, we would have allow users to plug in their
fallbacks.
That would be an important part of this project.

How do others cope with this situation? Is there an established pattern for
> this case? If so, then we should add it to our WIKI.

There is a Javascript library called "Modernizr" [1] which can detect the
support for features. AFAIK, people use that to use Html5 features or
fallback to old stuff.
Furthermore, Html side of the Html5 (Html + JS APIs + CSS3) mostly designed
in a way that old browsers will just ignore the component, but not it's
children elements. So, that is another way of providing fallbacks, as nested
elements, since new browsers will consider the Html5 elements, but ignore
it's non-applicable children.

[1] https://github.com/Modernizr/Modernizr

Greetings,
Ali