This plugin actually kind of worries me if used on released code.
Unless we use a timestamp type build id, I think ANY revision of
tagged code should be unknown.  It's not like people are going to
commit their changes to the tag, this allowing a unique number to be
calculated.

What do we use this for, debugging?  If so, I'm wondering if we could
only allow this to be executed with snapshots and allow everything
else to be unknown..

Scott