Okay everyone,

In case you were wondering of the status of Trinidad, here's where we are at. There have been some major hurdles with JSF 2.0 and 2.1 that we have been cleaning up (and my schedule has been tight as a result). Furthermore we had a licensing issue with the Component Showcase which prevented the release of Trinidad 2.0.1.

So I'm going to try to get a release out this week and here is what I propose:

1. I'm going to disable the Component Showcase from being distributed as part of our builds. It will still be available in the source, but not as a distributable. This will prevent us from distributing stuff with the LGPL liscense (thanks for catching this guys).

2. I'm going to sync up the Trinidad 2.0.1 tag with what's currently in Trunk. A lot of high priority issues came in and were fixed shortly after the licensing issue was discovered and so I held off on the release of Trinidad 2.0.1 until we could get these addressed and things had stabilized. It looks like they have a bit so I'm thinking the trunk would make a good 2.0.1 release rather then what is currently in the tag.

3. I'd like the change the trunk to become Trinidad 2.1.0 to reflect our Faces 2.1 work. JSF 2.1 will be the bottom dependency for that branch. The current 2.0.x branch would be moved to the branches for further bug fixing and stuff (much like we did with 2.0 and 1.2).

Please respond to this over the next day or so, so that I can get a feel for what the community believes is best. :)

Scott