On Thu, Jul 06, 2017 at 06:41:12PM +0100, Jonathan Pallant wrote:
> Hi, I just wanted to jump in here and suggest that -std=c11 is a better
> choice than -std=gnuXX. If you allow GNU specific extensions then you
> might have issues using other compilers - certainly I would be surprised
> to see the project to rule out clang support in the future. I would
> suggest c11 over c99 as it offers things like atomics which might be
> useful.

I was under the impression that Mynewt already uses some gnu extensions,
though I could be wrong about that.  Regarding clang- it also supports
the gnuXX "standards".  It would be nice to support other compilers as
well, but I think that would be quite an uphill battle, and these days,
I wonder how many people would want to use a toolchain other than gcc or
clang for Mynewt.

Chris