Hi,

I suspect that is still true regarding IAR, Keil. YMMV regarding
how much gain you’ll get.

That being said, I’ve always ended up using gcc. The gains from
commercial compilers have not been worth the seat cost for me.
This given that the size difference in output (as an example) has been
in the ballpark of 5% - 15%. I don’t have any concrete numbers in
front me, it’s been a while since I looked at this (so the ballpark might
or might not be accurate).