On Fri, Nov 03, 2017 at 01:56:15PM +0100, Szymon Janc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thursday, 2 November 2017 18:07:00 CET Greg Strange wrote:
> > To clarify, we don't need to advertise and scan at the same time. We will
> > have multiple radios with dedicated tasks. So we could have one radio
> > scanning on a single channel, a second radio on a second channel, a third
> > on a third, and a fourth radio being a beacon.
> >
> > Sounds like everything is do-able, but will need some tweak to the API, or
> > bypassing the host API.
>

> I'm currently working on adding extended advertising support to Mynewt host
> and this includes multi advertising support. I plan to finish that before 1.3
> release.

Cool!

> Having support for multiple controllers in Mynewt is another thing and I
> think
> it will be non-trivial to add it. Especially if you want to make host aware
> of
> multiple controllers.

Greg, maybe you could clarify - do you want to run a separate BLE host
on each Nordic board?  I agree with Szymon that running a single host
with multiple controllers is nonstandard and would require quite a bit
of work.  If each board is running a host, that simplifies the task
considerably.

Chris