Hey Miguel,

as you can tell - still causing trouble ;)

I should have mentioned that both APIs, LL (low level) and HAL (high
level) are provided by ST Microelectronics and are part of their SDKs.

Although the LL API is called "low level" it is still portable between
the different STM32 processor families. The big advantage is that it is
stateless, doesn't require big data structures, and allows finer
control.

HTH,
Markus