All:

I'm using a BroadCom(Cypress)43438 Bluetooth chip that receives a 4 wire HCI.
I got one response that said I just have to change the  syscfg setting in my
target to

    BLE_HCI_TRANSPORT_NIMBLE_BUILTIN: 0

    BLE_HCI_TRANSPORT_UART: 1

  1.  I can't find any documentation to what these lines do?
  2.  How can I make sure it's configuring the right UART?
  3.  Do I change the target syscfg or the one in the app folder?
  4.  Do I really need the bootloader? If so, is there documentation to why, I
will eventually need to modify this.

Also  do I need all the dependencies in the pkg.yml.  I would think I do not
need the controller, since that is the Broadcom.

pkg.deps:

    - boot/split

    - boot/bootutil

    - kernel/os