Hi Kevin,

On Fri, Jul 06, 2018 at 02:41:17PM +0200, Kevin Townsend wrote:
> I'm doing some initial development using only the simulator (for
> convenience sake), and was testing out 'newtmgr fs' support to quickly
> get data to and from the simulator.
>
> My sim target is setup to use NFFS using mostly default values:
>
>          # NFFS filesystem
>          FS_CLI: 1             # Include shell FS commands
>          CONFIG_NFFS: 1        # Initialize and configure NFFS into the
>     system
>          NFFS_DETECT_FAIL: 2   # Format a new NFFS file system on
>     failure to detect
>
> Everything works fine from shell when I start the .elf file and create
> an NFFS file in code, and I can see the file and contents via cat:
>
>     ls /cfg
>     604693       5 /cfg/id.txt
>     604693 1 files
>     604900 compat> cat /cfg/id.txt
>     5678
>
> But when I try to do anything with 'newtmgr fs' (up or down) I always
> get *error 5*, which I assume corresponds to
> https://github.com/apache/mynewt-core/blob/master/fs/fs/include/fs/fs.h#L72:

The error codes that come back in newtmgr responses are always (or at
least should be) MGMT_ERR codes:
https://github.com/apache/mynewt-core/blob/42bb5acc2f049d346c81f25e8c354bc3c6afefd4/mgmt/mgmt/include/mgmt/mgmt.h#L65

`MGMT_ERR_ENOENT` is indicated when the newtmgr command isn't recognized
(it is also used for other conditions; seems like we should have a
dedicated error code for "command not supported).

Did you enable the `FS_NMGR` syscfg setting?

Chris