This page might be worth updating since I came to the same mistaken
conclusion based on the last line here:
http://mynewt.apache.org/v1_2_0/os/modules/baselibc/ ... and implemented my
own %f solution before discovering that there IS in fact basic float
support with FLOAT_USER. :) The current implementations has limitations
like no %.08f support, but limited or not there IS limited support for it.