The additions to the newt tool in recent releases makes things like package
creation much easier, and pulling the code from Github is a good idea to
keep things up to date.

In my own workflow, unit tests are a major part of package development
since I can quickly and easily run functions natively, testing and updating
the code accordingly. I simply force an intentional assert failure to see
the printf debug output, edit code, run the unit test again, and on and on.

I'm also of the opinion that unit tests, aside from their obvious use
improving code reliability, are an excellent source of 'documentation'
since you can see the APIs in use for specific edge cases, and they are
more likely be be kept up to date with breaking API changes.

I wanted to propose the idea of having the '/test' infrastructure are part
of the default pkg when you run 'newt pkg new'. You currently need to
manually create the files for this and it's a lot of repetitive copy,
paste, rename type work that could be avoided, and might push more people
to write unit tests?

My +1 would be to have /test as a standard feature of any package, and you
can always delete it, but other people might find this delete burden
inappropriate?

Kevin