Thank you very much, that did it. On MacOS this gets only the old 1.5.0
version with no way to upgrade to 1.7.0

$ brew tap JuulLabs-OSS/mynewt
$ brew install mynewt-newt

Installing the newt binary from your link got the latest 1.7.0 version and
I was able to upgrade and build an example for the Dialog chip.
Cheers