On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 01:18:19PM +1100, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Thanks, Justin.  If we remove this from the distribution (i.e., don't
> > bundle it), do we still need to mention it in LICENSE or NOTICE?
>
> No only things that are bundled need to be mentioned in LICENSE and
> NOTICE, so no mention in notice.

Got it.  Thanks.

> But having a dependancy on lGPL / GPL gives restrictions that are not
> compatible with the Apache license so mention at in the README and
> that it will be fixed in a future release.
>
> I seen the send button a little to quick last email. Want me to do
> what sebb suggests and email legal / Jim.

Ah, I see the post
(http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201602.mbox/browser).
My reading of that message was that Sam (sebb?) had already sent a note
to legal, but maybe he is waiting for someone to protest :).  Either
way, it would probably be a good idea (and much appreciated!) if you
sent a note as well, or please feel free to let me know if there is
anything I can do.

Thanks again,