On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 11:30:05AM +0200, Kevin Townsend wrote:
> I'm running in 'develop' which may not be the right branch, but
> switching a bare bones BLE project to 'native' as a BSP generates this
> error:
>
> $ newt build bleuart
> Building target targets/bleuart
> Compiling ble_ll_adv.c
> Error: ble_ll_adv.c:24:22: fatal error: ble/xcvr.h: No such file or
> directory
> compilation terminated.
>
> Copying the header from here
> (https://github.com/apache/incubator-mynewt-core/tree/develop/net/nimble/drivers/nrf51/include/ble)
>
> solves this but the file should probably exist in
> net/nimble/drivers/native as well, right?
>
> If 'develop' corresponds to 0.9.0-rc1 I can submit a pull request if
> develop is the right branch for this?

Hi Kevin,

The develop branch should be identical to the release candidate, so any
issues you are seeing also exist in 0.9.0-rc1.  Just for my own
clarification, is the issue you describe new to 0.9.0-rc1?  I was under
the impression that native support for the nimble controller
has never worked, and that it has been on the todo list for a while.

If you have a fix for the compiler error, then I am sure a pull request
would probably be welcome.  Will is more familiar with the nimble
controller, so I think I will let him and others chime in.

Thanks,