On Sat, Jul 02, 2016 at 03:40:25AM -0700, Simon Ratner wrote:
> Hi devs,
>
> Any plans to expose a way to read last-seen rssi of a connection?
> I found ble_hci_util_read_rssi(), but it seems to always return rc=4 for me.
>
> Cheers,
> simon

Hi Simon,

Two things:

* Yes - we will need to add a function to the host interface which
allows the application to query the RSSI of a peer.  It might make sense
to just throw it into the big connection descriptor that
ble_gap_find_conn() retrieves.

* ble_hci_util_read_rssi() should work.  4 (BLE_HS_EMSGSIZE) is an odd
return code to be getting; it indicates that the host thinks the
controller sent back an invalid command complete event in
acknowledgement.  Just to clarify - you are getting 4 as the return code
(and not as the retrieved rssi, e.g.)?

Thanks,