On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 03:50:25PM -0700, Sterling Hughes wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I wanted to get this kicked off, so we can make the changes fairly
> quickly after the sterly_refactor merge next week (while still giving
> enough time for discussion.)
[...]

Sounds good to me.  That would be a definite improvement.  There is only
thing I wasn't too sure about:

> - fcb is moved from sys/fcb to fs/fcb

I understand how a flash circular buffer can be considered a type of
file system, but I wonder if the resemblance is strong enough to put it
in a directory called "fs".  Currently, the fs directory contains two
packages:

    * fs/fs
    * fs/nffs

fs is the generic file system API; nffs is one implementation of that
API.  Putting these two packages in a directory called "fs" makes
sense.  The fcb package doesn't implement the fs API, so it seems a bit
of a stretch to call it one.

I realize we don't want thousands of base directories, so we can't be
too granular in the directory organization.  Maybe it would be better to
rename the fs base directory to something else (store?).  Then all three
packages could go in there without raising eyebrows.

Thanks,