On Fri, Oct 28, 2016 at 10:12:26AM -0700, aditi hilbert wrote:
> I thought you are compiling all the config options by package
> irrespective of what is used in any particular target.
>
> Documenting how to do a newt target config <target> eliminates the
> need to statically document settings. So that is better.

Just in case clarification is needed, the "newt target config" command
only shows you the settings defined by packages that the target pulls
in.

There are probably a lot of useful configuration commands missing from
newt.  A command to show all the settings defined by a particular
package, or all packages, would be useful.

The reason the "target config" command is target-specific is that, in
addition to showing setting definitions, it also indicates setting
overrides.  I.e., it tells you which packages override which settings,
and with which values.