Hi Justin,

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 08:33:54AM +1100, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > The first clause, Grant of License, seems to be problematic:
>
> Look like it "non-sub licensable” may be an issue? And "solely in
> connection with a Nordic Integrated Circuit” reads like a field of use
> restriction to me [1]
>
> Section 4 of the license re distribution may also be a concern.

That was indeed my fear.  Thanks for calling attention to section 4 as
well.

> Their modified BSD license also may be an issue as it also looks to
> includes a field of use restriction.

You are right - I hadn't noticed that.  However, the fourth clause
is missing in the actual commits that were made to address this ticket
(https://github.com/ARMmbed/ble-nrf51822/commit/6d1bf116e156b870099694f0ce27076c236c4f44).
  Maybe there was some additional communication between the mbed team and
Nordic that let to the actual changes.

> I assume this is optional in that not everyone would need to use it?

Yes, these files are optional in the sense that Mynewt can still be
used without them.  However, someone wishing to use Mynewt with a Nordic
MCU will probably won't get very far without them.

> 1. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved#category-x

Thanks, Chris