Hi Jacob,

If that reboot log entry is recent, it looks like your device is
crashing.  A reason of "SOFT" indicates a firmware crash [*].  I would
say the quickest way to debug this is to run the code in gdb.  You can
do this with the "newt run" command:

    newt run <target-name> 0

When gdb comes up, type c and press enter.  Then in a different shell,
send a newtmgr command to the device.  If device crashes, gdb should
indicate such.  If Mynewt crashes, can you please type the following
commands in gdb:

    bt
    p *g_current_task
    p os_msys_init_1_mempool

And send the output?

Thanks,
Chris

[*] Augmenting the reboot log entry with the line number and filename
where the crash occurred is on the to do list.