On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 08:29:33PM -0200, Fabio Utzig wrote:
> Yes, I was expecting it! So I had 3 options in mind:
>
> Option 1 - Use a "drive" name as was implemented. Btw, it's not limited
> to single letter drive names! Sure if someone really likes DOS, they
> could use A:, B:, etc. This choice is extremely easy to parse. And it
> also brings me fond memories of AmigaDOS!
>
> Option 2 - Use a directory as a mount point like Unix but without
> implementing a full tree struct. Also very easy to parse, but somehow I
> find it very non-elegant because there would be no root path and such. I
> just personally dislike it because it looks incomplete, which brings me
> to:
>
> Option 3 - Use a proper tree structure with mount points, mounts inside
> other mount's directories, etc. This is quite harder to do properly but
> would be my preferred aesthetic choice. But this needs extra things like
> ensuring the ordering of mounts, more error handling (if a root mount
> fails for any reason what to do with the remaining drives, etc). I would
> like to move to this but it could be added later because it's basically
> adding code and what is in place stays there, I think.
>
> If you think a tree structure is a must and "drive" names are an
> aberration, I would be OK at giving a try on implementing a proper VFS!

Re: option 2- I understand what you mean about the missing root path,
and I agree that it would be odd.  Personally, I don't think option 3 is
worth the effort, at least not now.  Just speaking for myself, I think
option 1 is not a real problem.  Like I said, it was just a knee-jerk
reaction when I saw the colon!

Thanks,