From: Neilh [mailto:neil...@biomonitors.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2017 9:36 AM
To: dev@mynewt.incubator.apache.org
Subject: git for all next directories

Hi

Just got a dumb question to ask - I'm working through the tutorials and its
well explained the standard SCM/git is on

"myproj/repos/apache-mynewt-core ((mynewt_1_0_0_b1_tag))]$"

However, after the basic tutorial, with a working "newt" environment, I need to
have the whole sandbox from "myproj" be under SCM. Then with all those text
files, if something stops working I can trace back.  Also, it seems like as a
project matures I could have apps be a separate repository - this is starting
to look quite complex - and would also need to be integrated into creating a
signed image "newt create-image <app> 1.0.0" .
https://mynewt.apache.org/latest/newt/command_list/newt_create_image/

Seems the simplest scenario to begin with is setting up a top level git from
"myproj", and at least have the capability to snapshot it from there.

Are there any thoughts/linkages/tutorial on doing this?

--
Neil Hancock