There are often situations where you want or need to simulate sensors as
well, for instance if the actual HW isn't available yet or in order to
reproduce a specific issue that can't be easily reproduced in the real
world safely or reliably.

Easy sensor simulation adds a lot of value to mynewt in my opinion, and
having bare minimum examples of how to do this should help people get
started.

Kevin