I'm also OK with that.

FYI- apps which need to support both the shell and newtmgr over serial
would need the following modifications:
    1. Replace mgmt/newtmgr/transport/nmgr_shell dependency with
       mgmt/newtmgr/transport/nmgr_uart
    2. Enable a second UART in the project's syscfg (this would be a BSP
       setting, likely UART_1).  For nRF BSPs, this would be the bit
       banger UART.
    3. Specify the appropriate UART as the value of the NMGR_UART syscfg
       setting.  Currently, the console UART is hardcoded per-BSP and
       not configurable via syscfg, but the newtmgr UART is configurable
       (is there a reason this is hardcoded, or is it just a historical
       thing?).

I think that is everything that would need to be done.

Chris