On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 09:29:59PM -0700, Simon Ratner wrote:
> > itvl_min and itvl_max specify the range of connection interval values that
> > you're willing to accept. The controller chooses the value in that range
> > that it likes best. If you want an exact interval, then specify the same
> > number for both fields.
>
> Note that iOS will reject such a request, see their accessory design
> guidelines.
> For one, itvl_max must be at least 20ms bigger than itvl_min.

Thanks, that is good to know.  I should also take this opportunity to
correct something I wrote above.  I said it is up to the slave
controller to select its preferred interval from the range specified by
the host.  This is wrong.  The slave sends both the min and max interval
values to the master, and the master chooses the interval to use (or
rejects the request entirely).  So this is how iOS can impose the
restriction you mentioned even though the iphone is acting as the master
(central).  Sorry for the misinformation.