Hi Greg,

On Fri, Jun 09, 2017 at 05:47:11PM -0700, Greg Strange wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to mynewt. I went through the quick start and have successfully
> installed mynewt, and have built and run the blinky project targeted to a
> NRF52 board.
>
> As a next step I decided to copy the ble peripheral sample project into my
> own apps directory as a starting point for a simple BLE project. After
> doing so though the project will not build and I get this error:
>
> *Building target targets/nrf52_blep*
> *Error: Could not resolve package dependency: @apache-mynewt-core/kernel/os
> ; depender: kernel/os*
>

> A little more background....  When I say "copy the ble peripheral sample
> project", what I did is copy apache-mynewt-core/apps/bleprph into apps, and
> renamed it "blep" because it's easier to type. I edited pkg.yml and added
> @apache-mynewt-core to all the dependencies so that pkg.yml now looks like
> this:
>
> pkg.name: apps/blep
> pkg.type: app
> pkg.description: Simple BLE peripheral application.
> pkg.author: "Apache Mynewt <dev@mynewt.incubator.apache.org>"
> pkg.homepage: "http://mynewt.apache.org/";
> pkg.keywords:
>
> pkg.deps:
>     - "@apache-mynewt-core/boot/split"
>     - "@apache-mynewt-core/kernel/os "

I believe the issue is caused by the trailing space above.

>     - "@apache-mynewt-core/mgmt/imgmgr"
>     - "@apache-mynewt-core/mgmt/newtmgr"
>     - "@apache-mynewt-core/mgmt/newtmgr/transport/ble"
>     - "@apache-mynewt-core/net/nimble/controller"
>     - "@apache-mynewt-core/net/nimble/host"
>     - "@apache-mynewt-core/net/nimble/host/services/ans"
>     - "@apache-mynewt-core/net/nimble/host/services/gap"
>     - "@apache-mynewt-core/net/nimble/host/services/gatt"
>     - "@apache-mynewt-core/net/nimble/host/store/ram"
>     - "@apache-mynewt-core/net/nimble/transport/ram"
>     - "@apache-mynewt-core/sys/console/full"
>     - "@apache-mynewt-core/sys/log/full"
>     - "@apache-mynewt-core/sys/stats/full"
>     - "@apache-mynewt-core/sys/sysinit"
>     - "@apache-mynewt-core/sys/id"
>

> I also created a nrf52 target for blep.
>
> Am I missing something?  If I point my target to the original bleprph
> project in the apache-mynewt-core directory, it builds fine.  But if I move
> it to my own apps directory I cannot get it to build.

That is a good way to get started with a new app.  I don't anticipate
any more errors after this one is solved.

By the way, there is an unfortunate bug in the current version of newt.
The dependency resolution error message gets the depender name wrong; it
prints the dependee package instead!